Sunday, September 14, 2014

About Me!

Hi!

My name is Ashley Fochler and I'm a sophomore at RIC. My favorite TV show is Parks and Rec and I watch Netflix more than the average person should.

This summer I mostly vacationed and I went on my third cruise! I went to the Eastern Caribbean and I was able to visit Bermuda, St. Maarten, Puerto Rico and Haiti. In each place I got to cross off things on my bucket list and since I was doing things I normally wouldn't do, I made it a point to try new foods as well. In St. Maarten I finally did the one thing I always wanted to do... I went swimming with dolphins! It was the greatest experience of my life and it something I think all of you should do! It Puerto Rico I was zip lining through the rain forest and in Haiti I was parasailing right off the coast. Both of these excursions were absolutely amazing and I would do it again! This summer I also visited Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard. My last two weeks of summer were spent playing tennis for the RIC tennis team.

I am taking this class because it is my first stepping stone on my journey to becoming a teacher! I am excited to be following the secondary education program to the end so I can become a great teacher. Each semester I have what I like to call "a mid life crisis" about my future and my major. I came to RIC as a Secondary Education Physics Major and I had many doubts about it throughout my first year. I added a Coaching Minor thinking that would make me sure about my future and still it didn't. About three days ago I decided that I will declare myself a Secondary Education Math Major with a Coaching Minor and I couldn't be more excited (I'm just glad I know I want to be a teacher)!

When I'm not in class I'm playing tennis or softball, and coaching a softball team (I'm really just the first base coach)! Most of the time though I like picking up a book and reading the day away. My favorite thing to do at night is putting on Netflix and watching my favorite shows until I fall asleep (currently I'm watching Arrested Development, Portlandia, and Bob's Burgers).

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ashley,
    I think it's really cool that you have a bucket list.It shows that you are open to new things. I have been thinking about creating my own. So far, what do you think of Arrested Development?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely worth watching! I don't know if you watch it, but I think it is so funny and they're working on Season 5 so I can't wait for that!

      Delete